If I had to describe my last night before my move, I’d probably say it was exactly the same as all of the other nights I’ve had for the last 22 years. After my brother and I bathed together one last time, we went to bed. 

Routine is important and we’ve been very lucky to have been born straight into a regime that was instilled into us from birth. I’ve learnt from my parents that doing the same thing at the same time every day eliminates the element of surprise and makes us better people. I can’t imagine not getting up at the 05:02am every morning for the same breakfast, sitting around the table with nobody talking to each other in case Daddy shouts. If you don’t follow routine like this, I imagine you’ll probably end up on drugs. 

Drugs have never been my thing. There was a kid in my class, well it was my brother because we home schooled, and he took Calpol when he developed scabies after our Uncle Simon came to visit. Why anyone would put their body through that torture is beyond me. Anyway, ever since then my brother still wakes up screaming in the night which is because of the Calpol he took that time. Uncle Simon hasn’t been back since, I often wonder what he’s up to, I know he’d ‘gone away’ because he seemed to have an unfortunate reputation for spreading scabies, particularly amongst young boys.

Anyway, I found somewhere to live in a place called Mount Pleasant on the outskirts of the city and had paid for everything by posting a cheque. It was too good an opportunity to pass up, it has a shared toilet as part of the £550 a month, but I was amazed because it was indoors! ‘Only in the city, eh?’ I thought to myself. I did quite like the look of a rural looking place called Penlan because of the horses that roamed around, but I want change from farm conditions and somewhere called Tudno had mixed reviews on TripAdvisor.

Daddy was his usual funny self when we found the place, he told me “I don’t give a shit Lisa, you’re not my biological daughter anyway. Piss off.” Another complex life riddle, I’ll put the pieces of the puzzle together one day Daddy, I told him.

Packing didn’t take long, only I didn’t have a suitcase because my parents have never felt the need to leave Gower, except on their honeymoon when they went to Llansamlet. They hated it. It didn’t matter anyway because the council had given us a green bin to put food in so I packed my stuff in there.

I was ready to go by 13:47, as planned, so had enough time to say my goodbyes before the 14:04 bus. I picked my food bin up and looked around the farm house and prepared to leave. My brother and Rob from the chicken farm were upstairs playing roughly again, but we’d already said our goodbyes in the bath last night. I said bye to Mummy who was crying, which she does a lot anyway and shouted to Daddy too. I’m not sure what he said but it sounded like ‘luck off’, which must be an intelligent way of wishing someone luck. I hear him speak sometimes and it reminds me how much I have to learn in life.

All I know is that I’m on the bus which is transporting me to my new life in the big city of Swansea. In 43 minutes I’ll see the Debenhams sign again, I’m full of anticipation and ready for the next chapter in my life. I wish the bus driver had played ball when I asked for a single ticket to a new life, but I won’t let him ruin my day. I got him back by paying with a ten pound note.

I’ll update you with how I’m getting on in my next blog.

Lisa x